Saturday, April 19, 2008

Good intentions

I had a friend once that used to always say she had good intentions, but was really bad about following through. At the time, I wasn't exactly sure WHY the following through part was so hard. Ah-ha! THAT was BEFORE children, BEFORE my business, etc... I, too, find myself having the best intentions of doing things for people (or even just keeping up with this blog), only to once again, have it left on the list at the end of the day.

I am a BIG list maker. Seriously. It is how I can organize my thoughts that run rampant in my head. To take things one piece at a time. I am less overwhelmed when I can see my tasks in front of me.

So WHY am I here at the computer at 9:30 at night, when the rest of my family is sleeping (Brian was at a men's retreat last night and got hardly any sleep at all). I have a list in front of me of all the things I NEED to get done (like YESTERDAY)...but am I working on them? Not yet. Instead, I am in the blog-world. I have to admit, it is an escape for me of some sort. Am crazy?

So, I thought I'd lay out my list for this evening on the blog. Anyone want to help with my list? Ha!

-Print invitations for open house (DONE)
-fix ribbons, stuff, label, and stamp invitations (will do tomorrow with mom)
-blog about Nicholas, Open House, Ross, Keaton... (those will have to be done next week)
-Send welcome packets to Davis, Reynolds, and Jasmine (DONE)
-proof Jordan and Henry (ETA: Jordan is done, Henry will have to wait till tomorrow...)
-make DVD of Nathan's first year of sessions...
-blog on family blog about our weekend last weekend (I'll do that real quick and add pictures later) (DONE)
-return web inquiry email (DONE)
-schedule Ross ordering session (next week)
-design and upload marketing pieces for Open House (tomorrow)

Ok, see... I feel better already! Only half of that stuff needs to be done in the next few hours! Yea! Notice, I did not add 'get some sleep'.... Ha!

No comments: