We met up at McAlister's around 12:30 and headed out. Liv rode with Kenny in his car while Renea and Sydney rode with Bella and me. We made a stop in Fayetteville before heading up to Overland Park, KS. When we got there, we ate at Applebee's and then I took the girls to our hotel (Peartree Inn).
The next day, I got Olivia ready for her solo. She went on stage about 11:00 (30ish minutes earlier than scheduled. In fact, Renea checked her in backstage while I was in the audience. Ken had the other kids eating breakfast and they did not even make it into the convention center in time to see Liv. I was nervous (and so was she...the first time for her to feel that way). She did ok considering how no one was clapping for her but me. I didn't realize how hard it was to be away from everyone else from the studio...
Liv was entered in the ruby level based on her scores from Primetime. The results were that afternoon. She got a first place award and was in the top 10 (10th place). We were happy!
The competition itself was cool. Much smaller than Talent On Parade, and it had a very cool kid area. It even had a sand box that Bella LOVED.
Later on that day, Kenny and Sydney had their solos (diamond level). The next day, the duet went on. It was the first time for our new sign that I made (at Karen's request). It received a High Point award and came in 8th in the top 10 (out of 9 duets in the diamond level).
We left on July 4th (Sunday) after meeting up with the Brazil's at the Cheesecake Factory (DELICIOUS!). Then we headed out to Branson for Talent On Parade. Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment