So, after lunch, we went to the mall and strolled into Claire's. We asked her about getting her ears pierced and she said "NO!" (And it didn't help that a well-meaning mom standing near us told her it was like a shot, only a little better... Don't EVER say that to my child!!) However, she kept picking out earrings. Well, to make a VERY long story short, we left the mall with ears still in tact.
She and I talked about it at home. She said she did want it done, but was afraid it would hurt. We talked and all of the sudden she decided she would do it right then. So, we got our shoes, and she and I went back to the mall.
When we got back to Claire's there was two other girls (older) getting theirs done as well. I was afraid for Olivia to watch them because I wasn't sure if she had actually thought through how the earring was going to GET in her ear and didn't want to leave the store AGAIN...
When it was Olivia's turn, she was brave and excited. The girls marked her ears and very quickly pierced them (at the same time). Olivia just said "Ow!" loudly, and then laughed. They asked her if it hurt and she said no.
She saw herself in the mirror and loved it. She is so proud of her earrings. She tells everyone now that, "My mom said I have been taking good care of my glasses so now I can get my ears pierced". And she has done a very good job making sure to treat them daily.
All of these pictures were taking with my iPhone. Not great quality, but I'd say I got some good expressions, wouldn't you?



4 comments:
I am proud of you Liv!!! They look great!
Daddy
Princess I am soooooooooo proud of you. You look awesome with your new earrings, they are so pretty.
I love you and miss you soooooooo much.
Grammy
Both at the same time? What a great thing! Faith had hers done seperately. CONGRATULATIONS!! They are beautiful!
Brave Olivia! The expressions are classic:-)
Post a Comment