
This past competition, Olivia did not dance until Sunday...and she danced ALL DAY LONG! Because we knew it would be a long day, we arranged for Belle to spend the night with my mom on Saturday night and to stay with her throughout the day.
Her solo went on about 8:30 (and this time, we did NOT forget her skirt!). Once again, she did incredibly well! When awards came, Olivia received a Top First award (the highest for the primary division), and came in 7th in the top 15! There were 30 solos total for ages 8 & under and we were thrilled with her placement for only her second time to compete a solo!

Then, it was time for her and Kenny's duet. They went on close to the end of the category, and also received a top first award (and highest point total in their division of tap). Then, when the top 10 were announced, they were announced as being second...but we have since found out that they TIED for first place with Lost (another duet from our studio). Since this competition broke tied scores based on technique scores and the other duet had a higher score by 1/2 point, they were announced as the winner. But it was so very exciting to know that we actually tied. Olivia was SO excited. Their hard work has paid off. Olivia and Kenny also received an invitation to New York to the KAR Kids program. How cool!





When it came to small groups, Jump Shout Boogied looked good, but not quite as good as I thought it did last time. It received a top first award, and came in fifth over all. It also got a special judges award of **** Our group's hip-hop (which Olivia is not in) came in second, and received most entertaining. The judges were loving it!

That evening, large groups were warming up, and it was obvious that the kids were getting tired. Not all of them, but most of the ones that had been there all day. Olivia was hyper as ever! LOL.



Jazz was first and looked fantastic. Then, it was tap (looked pretty good), and lyrical (looked great). After lyrical was over, I decided we needed to leave. I was not going to stay for awards because it was 6:30 pm and I hadn't seen Bella since the day before. It was a school night and I was BEAT!!!
I heard later that evening that tap came in 4th, jazz came in 2nd (and received most entertaining), and lyrical won. It was a VERY long and exhausting day, but as always...lots of fun!
I took pics at the awards ceremonies I need to post, but also, we purchased pics from the competition during the dances, but the CDs are being mailed to Renea so I'll post those when I get them. There are some GREAT ones to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment