Bella got a Painted Lady butterfly set for Christmas from my dad and Yvonne. I had suggested that as an idea after doing the same kit in my classroom. (She LOVED the butterflies at the museum in DC.)
The caterpillars came in a box marked "Live Insects". We watched them grow and change for a week. Once each one made a chrysalis, we pinned the paper disk from the jar into the net.

Then yesterday, we noticed there were two butterflies in the net. By this afternoon, all 5 were out and flying around. Bella is SO excited! I just hate to think about telling her we will need to eventually let them go...

ETA: Bella was actually ok with letting the butterflies go... We all went outside one morning and watched them take flight. She wore her butterfly shirt and shorts for the occassion! Super cute!
1 comment:
ohh, I got the same kit for Faith I haven't given it to her yet though!
Post a Comment