Thursday proved to be a CRAZY day... I left school after the field trip feeling weird--like my allergies were acting up bad because of the hay. I knew Brian was taking the girls to dance, so I went shopping for my secret Santa gift. I got a phone call from my dad while I was shopping saying he had locked his keys in the car. He was supposed to leave to get Yvonne from the airport in a few hours so time was not on his side. I ended up going to get him, running to buy Yvonne's gift, and then to the church building where Bella's PreK class was to perform Christmas songs.
We left there, Brian and Dad went to get Yvonne from the airport while I took the girls and met Emily and family at Whole Hog for dinner. By the time we got home that evening, I was longing for Benadryl...
However, I didn't sleep well because I kept hearing a rodent in the attic!!! I was so freaked out that I slept on Bella's floor (although, the sleeping was pretty much at a minimum at this point...) So, not only did I not feel good for school on Friday, I was sleep-deprived as well...
As school started, I called the pest control company and they agreed to come out to take care of the rodent problem (ended up being rats from an opening around our new heater--had to have Brian call and get that closed up properly as well...). As the day wore on, I figured I was really sick--not just allergies. I was able to get into the doctor about 1:30 (even though that meant I had to leave my class an hour early--during their Christmas party...) I was tested for strep and it was positive. Great.
I quarantined myself for the evening and started my antibiotic while everyone else went out for dinner. When they returned, Brian got the girls in bed while Dad and Yvonne went out to Walgreens and to get dinner for me at Wendy's. I came down to eat (keeping my distance), then took meds and went to sleep. I did not wake up until about 12 noon the next day. I felt so much better. While I was sleeping, Cooper had come over and the kids made gingerbread houses with Yvonne. Then, they all had gone to Senor Tequilla for lunch, and brought nachos back for me. We had our Christmas" that afternoon. Livie got roller blades and Wheel of Fortune for her Nintendo DS. Belle got several Fancy Nancy things and a Toy Story 3 Leapster game. I got the red dishes I'd been eyeing, and Brian got some polos and other items (I can't remember those at the moment...).
Cooper went home for a nap after that, so we went with Dad and Yvonne to Conway. Dad wanted to see the Harley store there, and I wanted to check on tap shoes for Olivia while Yvonne wanted to check out their Shoe Carnival. We decided to all meet up at the Rave theater in LR at 4:30 for the movie Yogi Bear. We all got combo packs and watched the movie. It was cute.
Then, it was trying to decide what we'd eat for dinner... Five Guys was PACKED so we went to Boston's. Yum!
Yvonne left that next morning (early), and since the girls had a cold (Bella's was pretty bad), we kept them out of church and just met up with Emily and Justin at Shorty Small's. Dad kept Bella while the rest of us went to a parent meeting at the dance studio, then we all went to Gadwall's for dinner.
It was an extrememly eventful weekend, but a good one.
, conway, yogi, boston's, shorty smalls, dance meeting, gadwalls
No comments:
Post a Comment