Saturday, March 8, 2008

Deadline


I, by nature, am usually not a late person...but a procrastinator?? OH YES! I seem to leave everything until the very last minute to get done. So why should today be any different? A canvas supplier that I am using for my business was having a huge spring sale (35% off) for large gallery-wrapped canvas prints...but the sale was going to be over this past Tuesday. I was going to be attending a photography conference in Charleston so I didn't figure I'd make the deadline. Well, the owner of the canvas company spoke at our conference and said he would extend the deadline until the end of the week for those of us that attended. GREAT!

I had taken a few snapshots of the studio with me to the conference to ask other photographers for their advice on decor and such, and it was suggested to me that I get a 40x60 canvas to put above the couch. Now, once I realized how LARGE that actually was going to be, I decided that if I was going to have so much space (not to mention $$) invested in a canvas, I wanted it to be of my own girls. I started hatching a plan and decided today was the day...the day of the deadline.

I had a shoot this morning scheduled already so we just went to the studio early. I shot two image in particular that I just loved, but after asking for advice to help me make my decision, and making several revisions of both of them...I finally decided on the horizontal one. Yes, I do realize you can't 'see' them very well. I wanted more of an 'emotional/relationship' image. Those are the kind of moments I want to remember... And the kind of things I am trying to educate my clients on as well.

So my order is processing as we speak--hours to spare before the sale is over and now I can't wait to see it on the wall! Once it is hung, I'll have to post a picture of it for you all to see!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Amy, You're going to cry when you get your canvas! It's going to be stunning!

Thompson Family said...

YEAH for a new blog! I am really excited to get to see more pictures of your beautiful girls. I love these two pictures. I can't wait to see pictures of your new studio. I didn't get to see them while at the conference.
We're so excited for your business success! :)