Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tea anyone?


We had Olivia's Garden Tea Party this afternoon. It was the best birthday party I've EVER had at my house! We had 3 little girls come--two canceled today and a few were no-shows, but honestly, the 3 that came + my 2 girls made the perfect number for tea. Each girl got a white hat and gloves. We played a few games (new spins on the classic birthday games: pin the tea bag on the teacup, musical teacups, and hot teacup), and then moved outside to the gazeebo for tea.

My original plan was to have everything outdoors and have the girls play a modified version of croquet, but with the recent thunderstorms, our yard was very marshy! So, I settled for have the tea party itself outdoors and luckily it 'mostly' warmed up enough (only one little girl said she was cold the whole time we were outside).

We had fruit, and I made petits fours and tea sandwiches (consisting of PB and cheese). I also found a variety of fruit teas for the girls to choose from. Most did not like their hot tea as well as a traditional iced tea, but loved add sugar cubes anyway!

Olivia had a fantastic time and EVERYONE was so polite with 'tea manners'. I couldn't believe it! Even Bella sat at the table and drank from a real tea cup! I wish every birthday party would be this successful. It is certainly one Olivia will remember!
















6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful party idea! It all looks like so much fun! Emily wants a pony party this year with real ponies....I'll let you know how that turns out!

Sharon said...

Too sweet! "Birthday Season" is coming up in our household. It's hard to create; creative, inexpensive, unique party ideas these days. With everyone going to Chuck E Cheese or crazy expensive places... It sounds and looks, like your tea party was a success!
I'm working on a Indiana Jones party and a Hannah Montana dance party. We'll see what I come up with! I'm just thankful for The Dollar Store and Wal-Mart!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea for a party. The pictures are terrific, I know Liv had a great time.

Penny Kendall Photography said...

Awww... what fun. I remember Kayli's 6th-birthday tea party. I can't believe she's almost 15. Ikes! Your photos are beautiful and it looks as if the party was wonderful. I know she will always remember the effort you went to ... and the great time she had.

Jaime said...

What a wonderful idea for a birthday party. So girly and fun! I bet they had a great time. I am sure Olivia will remember this for years to come.

Nana said...

I'm so glad I had the wonderful opportunity to be a guest at this beautiful, precious party! So lovely!