
Olivia made Company again this year!
While we had a pretty good idea she would, I was still a nervous wreck! She had two hours of dance practice for 7 days in a row. They learned a new dance tap, jazz, and ballet (lyrical). That is a lot for a kid in one week!
On Sunday, the actual day of try outs, we showed up to the studio (in make up and hair done...most were 'glittered' up) and I was very nervous. Then they called her name and pinned a number on her left hip and I was literally about to throw up. It seemed so official. They were called in 3 at a time and performed in front of a panel of judges. Then they would come out, change shoes, and go back for another dance. It was over in about 45 minutes.
Apparently, she did great, because we went by the studio today to see her name on the list! Yea! She will be in a tap, jazz, and lyrical dance this next year as well as a small group pull out and possibly a hip-hop and a line dance (not a country line dance, but one with every member of the studio). Are you thinking what I'm thinking...$$$! ha! It is worth it though. We absolutely LOVE this whole thing--the competitions, the music. Man, what a rush! Seriously, it is pathetic!
I am going in the morning to try to find Bella some ballet and tap shoes. Can't find anywhere that makes them in tiny sizes.
1 comment:
I am very proud of you Liv!!! I know that you will great. Watch out "So you think you can dance (TV show)" I love you!!!
Post a Comment