That explains it exactly.
Overwhelmed with everything right now. I know I am behind on blog posts (I have SO much to share...)! I know I am behind on work...sessions to proof, orders to upload, papers to file... I am getting ready for school to start. My baby had dance try outs all last week (I'll post on that next), my dad was in town, had a reading conference for a week and a photography one last Thursday until almost midnight! We are staying up late and barely sleeping in. Nationals...strep (TWICE)... No fun.
Don't get me wrong, I love a fast-paced life. If we aren't moving, I don't know how to act. So this summer I was really looking forward to running my business full-time. I was thinking of it as a 'try-out' of sorts to see if 1) I had enough business to go full time, and 2) how an average day would be for me. Well, after several weeks of NON STOP WORK I realized that I HATE IT! I would work from the second I woke until the second I went to bed... I got to the point I dreaded the phone ringing with new prospects. I was loosing creativity behind the camera and I realized even when teaching, I had time to sit down to eat lunch.
So a decision was made...for the time being, I will cut back and continue my business as part-time. I am so thankful I was able to try it out before actually quitting my job and realizing it after it was too late. Yeah, I made a lot of money, but it was absolutely NOT worth it. So, I have pulled my kid's directory ad (which I really don't need during the busy season anyway), and I will only work every other weekend. Olivia's dance is going to cost us about triple what it did last year (and Bella will be joining her at the studio) so I'll work enough to cover my over head and that...but I don't want to stress out more than necessary. That isn't why I got into photography to begin with.
I know several of you have never seen my studio so I thought I'd show a few shots of it. I do love it, and by no means does this mean I am closing up shop! I will continue just as I have in the past (probably busier), but with the mindset that 'I' control my own schedule and I need to slow it down some...ok, LOTS!



That shot didn't show the custom lighting Justin put in for me... I need to update my picture of it, but the one below shows my wall lit with them...
No comments:
Post a Comment