

What adult DOESN'T have childhood memories that involves baking sugar cookies? I was grocery shopping today and saw a mix for sugar cookies, and thought my kids should have memories of that as well--even when I don't feel like making an extra effort...or mess. (Yes, I said a cookie mix. I'm ambitious, not INSANE!)
So tonight we mixed up the dough, and got ready to roll it out. In the past, I have purchased the pre-cut Pillsbury cookies, but isn't it more fun to roll it out anyway? (I won't mention the flour on my floor...) As it worked out, Brian took Liv to wrap presents she bought so I started with Belle by herself. She was so cute! And while it was stressful for me to watch her be a KID while cutting them out (oh, you know, pinching off the dough and eating it off of the cookie sheet, shaking colored sugar ALL OVER THE TABLE, etc...) I know that is part of it. I'd like to say I just laughed it off, but I tried. :) She was quite proud of her sheet of cookies!


Then we started on Olivia's... You know she had to make each cookie different than the one before...not wanting to waste any creativity (ha!), but I was very proud of how well she did. Not much of a mess at all! When they were done baking, we added some finishing touches and they are beautiful! Santa will LOVE these tomorrow night!
All in all, easy clean up, and just enough cookies for each girl to have their own pan. A fairly easy 1 hour project....and I hope it will be added to their Christmas memory bank. It will be added to mine.

1 comment:
Amy,
Making sugar cookies and decorating them is one of my many favorite Christmas memories with you. And I'll never forget the night we were baking them and my oven heating element caught on fire and we had to get the fire dept to the house! Of course I had gotten the fire out by the time they arrived, but then had to clean up the horrible mess from dumping baking soda on the fire! Anyway, it was an evening to remember for sure!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment