Sunday, December 21, 2008

Our Newest Christmas Tradition

Tonight we came up with a tradition that I think will be an annual favorite! We always drive around and look at Christmas lights, but tonight we added a little (or a lot) of fun to it. First we grabbed all of our Christmas CDs, stopped off at Fresh Market for some goodies and started hunting for 'the best' light display in town. I told the kids we'd take a picture of any house that made us STOP the car to look at it, then pick a favorite at the end of the night. We were out a couple of hours and it was so much fun. We listened to a variety of music (some traditional instrumental pieces, some good 'ole family favorites, and even some hip-hop tunes!).

I just had to share what we found. Several houses looked nice (although it was hard to even FIND houses with many lights again this year)...




...and then we found THIS little thing. I remembered it from last year once I saw it. We literally had to stop the car in the parking lot across the street and GET OUT of the car. Can you BELIEVE this house? Oh MY!!! It obviously won the prize for the night!



Olivia said it was the best night of her life. I can't wait to do it again next year!

ETA: We also found two other houses a few nights later. The first one is one we pass by all of the time (the Land Here Santa cracks us up!), and tonight we noticed they had the lights synchronized with music. I love that! Now, this last one ties for first place, we've decided. Just LOOK at this place! We saw it in the newspaper and had to drive by! There is no way we could see it all by just driving by. Can you imagine their electric bill?

No comments: