Friday, March 27, 2009

Coming Home

We left the cruise ship with no real problems. A little bit of waiting and some lines, but that was to be expected. We were in the car by 9:45. We drove to Houston and up 59 all the way. We never stopped for food...until about 3:45 (I figure we'd eaten enough all week NOT to feel hungry). We ate breakfast/lunch/dinner in Texarkana at La Caretta--one of our favorite places to eat at when we lived there. It was just as wonderful as we had remembered!

Then it was back in the car and 2 hours to see the KIDS!!! We hadn't talked to them at all on the trip and hoped they were doing well with my mom. We picked them up at 6:30 from Ms. Gina's house (mom had a hair appointment and the girls were both there so they were VERY surprised to see us. The plan was we'd get them on Friday--today).

We went and bathed the girls at mom's while we gathered their stuff and came home. We kept Bella home from daycare today and gave the girls their presents this morning.

We got the girls pink maracas, wooden beaded bracelets, charm bracelets with Mexican charms, color-changing T-shirts and rings, shell necklaces, and a coconut cup/bank.






I love this picture in particular. We call it her Mexican Bling...

2 comments:

Amy said...

I SOO wish we could have gone with you:-( But I am really glad you got your vacation!! One day we'll get ours:)

McKillip Family said...

Ohhh, looks like you guys had a blast! I so want to do a cruise now! He hE