We wanted to eat later because we had dinner so much later. We got some lunch and went to Lido deck for the "Men's Hairy Chest Contest". Talk about HILARIOUS! Oh MY! Then it was back to the room for a nap. We knew that our formal dinner was that night so I spent some time steaming my dress and then I started getting ready. Brian went exploring on the ship while I showered. I called in some room service since we had so long until dinner (a fantastic center cut beef loin sandwich with brie cheese and then a fajita wrap--we tried them both).
At 7:15, we had the Captain's Party. We ran into two of the other couples from our table (Dawn and Wayne, and Christina and Joey). We sat with them and had so much fun.
Then the Captain introduced himself, as well as rest of his staff, to us and then dismissed us all to dinner.
Dinner was AWESOME...lobster! I had never had lobster before (well, I tried it a tiny bit once in Maine, but thought I'd give it another shot). And how could I forget to mention the dessert??? Actually, I had it every single NIGHT! It was a melted chocolate cake.... One word: sinful!
We met the 5th couple at our table that night, Kasey and Jason.
Each night, towards the end of dinner, the lights (normally blue) would turn red, the small clear lights would start blinking and the entire wait staff would come out and sing and/or dance. It was hilarious! We quickly learned that Dante was a HOOT!! His assistant, Venera was hiliarious too... Oh my, what she has to put up with! We were sang to by the both of them ("happy anniversary to you...") and then at the end of each line, Dante said "Kissy, Kissy!" He made you kiss through the whole song. Everyone they did it to laughed so hard through the whole thing they about cried!
After dinner, we watched Wayne play roulette at the casino before Dawn and I headed off to the show at 10:30 with the Carnival dancers/singers. It was INCREDIBLE!!!! It was country-themed. Brian and Wayne went to the 'cigars and koniac' thing that night. No koniac for them, but he said he wanted to feel like the guys on Boston Legal with a suit, on a balcony and a cigar. Oh those boys....
We came back to our room to a towel dog. That night, we slept VERY well. I hated to set the alarm clock, but we had heard that the other cruise ship (that left New Orleans) would hit our same ports with us and we knew that Mike and Kathy Johnson (Jennifer's parents, Abbey's grandparents) were on that ship. We had tried talking them into going on OUR ship, but they wanted to go out of New Orleans instead. We wanted to get up in time to catch them get off their ship.
No comments:
Post a Comment