Friday, March 27, 2009

Cozumel--Day 4

After our room service promptly at 7:30, we looked outside and saw that we were about to dock in Cozumel. A few minutes later we saw another ship pull up and thought it was the Fantasy...but we were mistaken. Another ship (a MASSIVE cruise ship) pulled up next to us. But right behind them, we saw Mike and Kathy's ship. Quite the popular place I'd say...



We got dressed and headed to the Gangway, but found it was closed. The gangway was always closed for safety reasons and regulations when another ship docks until that ship is cleared for debarkment. So, we waited for about 20 minutes and a few minutes after 9, we got off our ship and waited for Mike and Kathy.





When they got off their boat, we all made our way into Puerta Maya for some shopping. We worked out way down to the taxi area and took a taxi to the Forum Shops (the recommended route for shopping). We walked along the water, shopping, talking, and admiring the torquoise ocean! It was beautiful!




We ate lunch at Las Palmeras and had a wonderful meal. (when the ticket came, it was in pesos and it read over $800! Ha! Then below it had the amount in dollars) We were sung to while we ate, but we got to eat with a view of the ocean. How fun!

We walked on down to Margaritaville because we 'thought' it had a beach and could sit there, but it only had a deck over the ocean. It was still nice, but not what we had expected. Then we took a taxi back to the ship and shopped a bit more before saying goodbye to our friends and getting on our ship. We were sung to by a small band while we waited to get back on. I could see in the distance storm clouds coming. I could see in the distance storm clouds coming.

After boarding the ship, I had my daily nap (remember I was coming to RELAX? I've never done that before!) and when I woke up, Brian was gone to get sushi or something. I read my book, looking out the window and watched the sun set. It was amazing. You could see the storm off to one side and how it was rolling in on the other. I was glad we had nice weather while in Cozumel. I wondered how it would be for our last day at sea.



Brian returned and said it was raining. We got ready for dinner and noticed the boat was VERY rocky. I about fell out of the shower! Literally! As we went up to the Atlantic deck, we realized there were barf bags taped around the elevators.

At dinner, one couple was not there because of karaoke and a slot tournament, and another couple left because the wife got seasick. Brian ordered escargott and it was wonderful! I was surprised I liked it!

After dinner, the show was 'physical comedy' (aka, a clown-like act) that was ok and a comedian that I didn't particularly care for. Then it was off to bed, where we found a towel bunny and of course, chocolates.

No comments: