Olivia got a birthday gift in the mail from Dudedad and VonVon and opened it after dance one night. It was a pink lava lamp and pink iPod/radio/alarm clock. Perfect!
Then, as we were preparing for Olivia's slumber party on Friday, Brian and I discussed the possibility of him going back to Atlanta for the weekend (since we were planning to go to Phoenix the following weekend and a competition the next weekend...it would be a while before he would be able to go there). He decided to leave on Thursday after school.
All of this was fine, we had a busy weekend planned, but I could do it. Olivia was supposed to see Jozlyne at Baskin Robbins after I dropped Bella off at dance. Then, we left the dance studio that evening and headed home so I could start baking cupcakes and cleaning. Brian called and was glad he had gone to Atlanta because his mom was in very bad shape with her cancer. He called the day and said she was expected to pass away very soon. I started making tentative plans to be out part of the next week when he called to say she had passed away.
I started getting sub plans together and took off Mon-Wed. Luckily, my mom came up to school and read my children books while I got things together. I had mom get the girls from school and meet me at home. Bella had to be at a birthday party for her friend, Stephie, at Apricot Girls from 4-5:30...and Olivia's party started at 5 at the house. I was not goint to tell them about Grammy until the party was over on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment