




So, 24 hours after my Open House Celebration, I still feel it was a big success! I have never worked so hard to pull something like this off (of course I could have NEVER done it without the help of SO many friends and family members! YOU GUYS ROCK!) Once again, the whole weekend was a blurr and turned out to be QUITE eventful.
My dad flew in on Friday to be here for it (which was SO sweet). I had 3 ordering appointments on Saturday, so Brian and my dad took the girls to Toad Suck Daze in Conway. They had a great time, but by the time they got home Bella was VERY fussy. I thought it was because she didn't get her full nap, but I was proved wrong when she threw up right before dinner. Great. At that moment, I was about to lose it.
Brian stayed home with her while we (Olivia and my dad) went to dinner with Emily and Justin (and of course, Cooper). I went back to my mom's house with my sister to keep working on the food and table decor. My sweet sister had already workd ALL DAY on different dishes and would not settle for anything other than perfection. (She didn't even leave my mom's house till after midnight Sunday morning).
Well, it is always funny to me how things work out. Bella's virus was a blessing in disguse, because it kept us home from church and allowed me to have a little bit more time to work on things... Which was perfect, because we were ready for the Open House a few minutes before 2pm. I was shocked.
Everything was absolutely GORGEOUS! The food table was PERFECT, the 'kid room' made the children utterly invisible to us, and my greeters were instrumental in helping those confused clients find the correct building. (I heard Lisa was even on the sidewalk waving some of them down...). I had about 45 people attend (which is slightly higher than I had set myself up for...). While several of those people are friends--friends that ARE clients I might add-- I did have a handfull of new and going-to-be clients. I even booked a couple of sessions because of the Open House. What more could I have asked for?
THEN, when we were at our celebratory dinner with my dad, Olivia started acting funny...by the end of dinner, I knew she had fever. We got home and yep, same virus. Wonderful. After we got everything cleaned up, I called in to my principal to stay home with her today. Again, another blessing in disuguise. I was able to take it easy today and get some much-needed rest.
You know, I had prayed the night before that no one would be sick DURING the open house. Bella was fine by then, and Liv got sick right after. So, I definitely got what I had asked for. :)
1 comment:
Truly a blessing! I am sorry the girsl got sick, but the timing really couldn't have been better. I am glad it went so well for you!
Post a Comment