

Olivia came home from AWANA last night saying her tooth came out. She has a bad habit of trying to wiggle a tooth so much that it comes out so I asked her about how this had happened. She said she was eating, felt a hard part and spit it out--there was her tooth.
She made a comment like "I wonder how much the tooth fairy will bring me this time? I got $1 for one tooth last time, so maybe $2 since now I have lost 2". I said that when I was a little girl, the tooth fairy always brought me the same amount each time. Brian agred.
Well, then Olivia told us about a discussion she had with a fellow 'Sparkie' about the tooth fairy. This other little boy had been given $5 for his tooth--so why did she only get $1 for her last one?
I said that maybe there was more than one fairy. She said no, there was just one like how there was just one God and one Santa.
I said maybe he needed the money more than she did. She just shook her head. I reminded her that whatever the tooth fairy brought her, she needed to be grateful, because it was more than she had now. She said, "I know".
As she was putting on her pjs, she asked if I could write a note asking the tooth fairy not to take her tooth so she could take it to Grammy this weeend. I said that was a good idea, but she needed to do it. She did, put it next to her pillow (she's still sleeping in the office till Belle is 'cleared') and went right to sleep with the tooth under her pillow.
This morning, she woke to find a $1 under her pillow next to her tooth!
No comments:
Post a Comment