Tuesday, June 24, 2008

bloggin' 'bout the frog...



Why it is that my girls find creatures in my yard, I will never know! My dogs have found all kinds of things, but we have learned to expect that...especially from Star. But the girls? They don't even like bugs and such... But tonight Olivia ran inside and said she had caught a frog and needed a jar. If her jar didn't have a lid her "plans would be RUINED!". (sound like a Disney film?)

So, I found a plastic cup and the lid (amazing in itself) and by the time I went outside, Olivia had the 'frog' in the cup (yes, it was really a toad). He was jumping high to get out and she was squealing for us not to let it happen. She put grass inside for him and then wanted to bring it in. I said NO WAY (partly because I did not want one more 'thing' in the house, and partly because I knew he would die in that small cup). Brian and I told her it had to be released when it was bath time. She agreed.




When it was time to come inside, Brian took Olivia down the street to the creek to put it near the water. Olivia placed him in the water and he jumped right back out. Brian said it was funny.

And what was Isabella doing during all of this??? Staying away from him...she kept saying "I don't like it!"

2 comments:

McKillip Family said...

Wow, I can't believe how much Olivia looks like you in the first pic. Remember taking pics at Jen's house and you where wearing her white flowered dress? It reminds me of that for some reason. Totally different poses but... that's what came to my mind when I saw that pic:)

Amy said...

Seriously? With that big hole in her mouth? LOL. I do remember those though...maybe I should try to find one and compare. :)