Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weekend get away...


Each summer, we have a little weekend trip with my mom, sister, brother-in-law...and now, Cooper. This year's trip was to Hot Springs Village. It was a great two story condo tucked away in the wooded area of HSV. The first night (Thursday), was a 'girls' night (except Cooper, of course). We ate at a little Mexican restaurant in town (after realizing that the Fiesta Bowl was actually a BOWLING ALLEY... What a laugh WE got out of that one!). Then the next day, we took the kids swimming (because that is ALL they talked about the ENTIRE time! Even Bella kept saying 'poool!'). Here are a few shots from that little trip out...

And oh, by the way, Cooper is trying to crawl...



Liv learned how to swim without her floaties about an hour after this picture was taken. I realized she was swimming underwater with her goggles in the kiddie pool. I took her to the big one to try it out and she did it no problem. I was so proud of her! She wasn't scared at all!





I had the hardest time getting a good shot of Bella. She kept turning away when she saw my camera... So these will have to do. :)




Then that evening (Friday), the guys came into town. We ate dinner and we pretty much crashed early. I was very exhausted...(Bella had been up since 4:30. Around 6:30 or so, mom got me up so I could be with her and she would not get quiet... After a VERY LONG and STRESSFUL week, that is NOT what I needed. I told Brian I had never been so glad to see him...LOL)

Then on Saturday, we spent most of the day (off and on--depending on naps) at the pool. Right before supper, Emily and I snuck off with the Cooper to get some cute shots of him for his 9 month pictures...and some special sweet ones of him with Emily. Here are a few that we got. Isn't he just the biggest ball of YUM?







Anyway, we had a great time. We even stayed up Saturday night playing Nerts and $100,000 Pyramid. It is kind of a tradition for us to play games while we're out. Not so sure the guys love it, but they do it anyway. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, and by the way, he IS crawling! Something between a regular crawl and a bear crawl with one leg stretched out straight...kinda wonky looking but oh so cute!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! That water looks so inviting. I'm feeling the need for a getaway myself. LOL The kids are oozing cuteness as usual. Very cute photos of Cooper and Emily!