Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Girls' Night -- October 9

Since dance practice was canceled due to a hip hop workshop, Brian and I decided that he should have a date with Bella, and I should take Olivia to have a special ‘girls night’ just the two of us. She was SO excited. I took her to Outback (since she loves steak and baked potatoes). Then, I surprised her by saying I was taking her ice skating…she’s always wanted to go! During dinner, Renea (Kenny’s mom) called and asked what we were doing for the night since there was no dance. I invited them to come skating with us. She said she’d think about it and talk to Kenny.

After dinner, Liv and I went to Justice to shop to wait till the skating rink opened. Justice was having a big 40% off sale, and although I didn’t think I’d buy anything, I ended up buying quite a big. Liv is SO skinny and SO tall that regular clothes don’t fit her right. Luckily we found some jeans there that fit (and that was our number one goal!). Then we got her some other shirts and things for dance. While we were shopping, Renea called back and said they were coming skating.



So, Liv and I met Renea and Kenny at the Skatium. Kenny had ice skated before, so he took off. He knew to bring gloves. Well, Liv and I walked around the edge of the ice in skates, holding on (I was terrified she’d fall on her face and break something!!), but in time, she was ready to let go and before too long, she was being so brave that I was REALLY nervous. I was really glad that Renea and Kenny were there with us to give us some company. :) We all skated for about and hour and a half. Then, we all got our shoes on and went to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream. We didn’t get home till after 10 and I was beat! It was fun night. I know Liv loved it too. She kept saying it was her best night ever!





No comments: