Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Sad Trip to Louisiana

We got word that Mamaw was not doing well at all and decided to go see her over spring break. I was afraid that we would not see her alive again and it devestated me. I took the girls and we met up with mom to see Mamaw and later pack up her apartment. Mom was right, she was in bad shape. Bella had to help feed her, and her memory was bad (she wasn't sure who we were). I had seen a picture on Pinterest I wanted REALLY badly of a multi-generational stack of hands. I set it all up and had the nurses take it of us. It was going to be my closure...but luckily, it was "unnecessary closure" because as Mamaw healed from her UTI, she got better and stronger. yay Packing up her apartment was a little sad as well... We went through and picked out things we wanted to keep of Mamaw's. Bella picked out a pink blanket and has slept with it every night since then. Before leaving LA, mom took us to Pancho's--the girls had never had the experience of raising the flag. Brian really missed out this time! ha!

No comments: