Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fun (and busy) weekend!

Christmastime is such a busy time (but I love it that way). We had been invited to go caroling with the Shipman’s and most of the people from our camping trip. How FUN! I have been wanting the girls to experience “real” caroling like we used to do in youth group. We all went (HUGE group of us: kids, babies, parents, and all) to the homes in their neighborhood and loved how happy we made people singing to them. I hope this is a yearly event! Then we went back to the Shipman’s and I set up my laptop outside with Santa Clause 3 for the kids, Oliver had a fire going for marshmallows, and the fun continued! Then we had Cooper come and spend the night the next week during Xmas break. He had never done this, and so it was something all the kids were excited about! I had planned to make Christmas Tree Pancakes for the kids (a HUGE hit—especially once I added sprinkles as ornaments) and then the kids worked on decorating gingerbread houses. Olivia did one herself while Bella and Cooper decorated theirs (otherwise known as slapping candy and icing on the roof and calling it done!).

No comments: