Friday, July 27, 2012

Dress Rehearsal 2012

Dress rehearsal was Sunday before MLK, so we had planned for Olivia’s friend, Annison, spend the night that evening. But before we could pick her up, Bella had to do her solo on stage. She wasn’t sure which way to face (and faced the back the first time) so she got to do it again. Can’t believe my “baby” is doing a solo this year!!!! After that, we went to pick up Annison and get some lunch before returning to rehearsal. The day was long, but I always love seeing these dances on the stage for the first time!
During rehearsal, something BIG happened… Bella pulled out her own tooth!! She was standing in full costume, about to walk onto stage for production (the music had already started) when Stephie yells out, “Bella pulled her tooth!”. The music stops and Kristen runs over to her. Bella was a bit upset because it was bleeding some, but everyone clapped for her—what a special moment! So, I went to wash up her mouth while they continued practice. When we got home that night, she was very concerned that the Tooth Fairy would take her tooth. I told her Olivia had written notes to her before asking to keep it, so Bella insisted that I do that…

No comments: