Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Painting with a Twist

On December 15, I was scheduled to meet up with my photographer friends, Lizzy and Amy, at Painting with a Twist (a new paint studio in town where the artist guides you through the strokes to make a particular painting while you paint and enjoy snacks and drinks). Well, Lizzy’s little girl came down sick so she wasn’t able to make it. But Amy and I sat together and I met a few other photographer friends as well. I am sure this will come to no surprise to most of you that I had to change my painting and differ from the group. I did not like the little “balls” on my trees… Looked like Christmas lights or something too childish. In fact, I decided I liked my painting vertically rather than the proposed horizontal design. I came home, added a big wooden K to the front and hung it on my front door. A perfect winter alternative to a wreath in my mind!

No comments: